Hello

I'm currently writing tests for a tool and think I've found a situation where
the behaviour of the boolean parameter type does not seem correct within the
test environment.

The tool defines the following boolean parameter:

 <param name="spmr" type="boolean" truevalue="--SPMR" falsevalue=""
checked="False"  ... />

and accesses its value in the <command> tag using:

 -B $spmr

i.e. if the boolean is true then this should output "-B --SPMR", if not then it
should output "-B  ".

This appears to work as expected when the tool is installed and used
interactively. But when running the tests the 'falsevalue' is always returned,
even if the value is set to the 'truevalue' in the tests i.e.:

<param name="spmr" value="--SPMR" />

and

<param name="spmr" value="" />

both return "-B  ".

More generally: I've written a small tool to investigate the issue, and it
appears that the errant behaviour only manifests when the 'truevalue' starts
with a hyphen (e.g. using "-Yes" is broken, but "Yes" is okay).

The demo tool is available via

https://gist.github.com/pjbriggs/5bfbcf22f72e0266e61

and I've been using planemo v0.7.0 to run the tests ("planemo t
--install_galaxy boolean_test_issue.xml").

Have I done something wrong here or is this a genuine bug?

Thanks for your help, best wishes

Peter

--
Peter Briggs peter.bri...@manchester.ac.uk
Bioinformatics Core Facility University of Manchester