From: Peter Cock [p.j.a.c...@googlemail.com]
Sent: Friday, May 08, 2015 3:16 PM
To: Peter Briggs
Cc: galaxy-dev@lists.galaxyproject.org
Subject: Re: [galaxy-dev] 'Boolean' parameter type misbehaves in tool tests if
truevalue starts with hyphen?

On Fri, May 8, 2015 at 3:05 PM, Peter Briggs
<peter.bri...@manchester.ac.uk> wrote:
> Hello
>
> I'm currently writing tests for a tool and think I've found a situation where
> the behaviour of the boolean parameter type does not seem correct within the
> test environment.
>
> The tool defines the following boolean parameter:
>
>  <param name="spmr" type="boolean" truevalue="--SPMR" falsevalue=""
> checked="False"  ... />
>
> and accesses its value in the <command> tag using:
>
>  -B $spmr
>
> i.e. if the boolean is true then this should output "-B --SPMR", if not then
> it should output "-B  ".
>
> This appears to work as expected when the tool is installed and used
> interactively. But when running the tests the 'falsevalue' is always
> returned, even if the value is set to the 'truevalue' in the tests i.e.:
>
> <param name="spmr" value="--SPMR" />
>
> and
>
> <param name="spmr" value="" />
>
> both return "-B  ".

I think you may need to set the value to true/false here, e.g.

https://github.com/peterjc/pico_galaxy/blob/master/tools/samtools_bam2fq/samtools_bam2fq.xml

(It would be clearer if the test framework insisted on this, but it
may be allowing the truevalue or falsevalue to be used - at least when
they don't start with a minus sign?)

Peter