Thanks, Carl! I will try and update the installation to a newer version!

I just got an email from the user that the history loaded again on its own.
I took a look at the javascript console as you suggested but found no error
messages. I'm not sure if the issue is fixed, but upgrading to a newer
version of galaxy might be a good idea anyways.

Thanks for all your help, it's much appreciated!