Hi Hans-Rudolf

Thanks for the swift reply.

So the (Psql > Mysql ) still stands in 2015 that's kind of a pity,
installing psql is not a problem but fixing a crashed database (which never
happened to us on our mysql -> psql migrated database) would still be me
pushing some buttons to fix everything and I know for sure that these
sysadmins are better in documenting stuff and following SLA's

But a perfect running galaxy server would be concern nr 1.

For your concerns about your migration. If "sh manage_db.sh upgrade" works
on your new or test psql database after a galaxy upgrade I think you're
safe.

Eric

Web: http://www.cvi.wur.nl