Hey Sebastian

On 10/13/2015 06:41 AM, Sebastian Schaaf wrote:
> Hey Eric,
>
> We are not yet on IEs, but we plan to upgrade our local production
> instance soon (a recent version is already 'waiting' to take over),
> apart from other goodies we intended to allow one pro user and ourselves
> to use iPython's power this way.

Great! Hope it works well for your power users. Feel free to ping me on
IRC (erasche) if you have any deployment issues.

> So, do I read your message correctly as 'In terms of iPython it would be
> best for us to wait for v15.10'? Or could we just start and do an
> incremental upgrade as soon as v15.10 is released?

You should be fine to do an incremental upgrade. However, if GIEs are
important to you, I'd personally consider going to 15.10 now (we're in
freeze pending release) as there were some nice bugfixes/enhancements
for GIEs.

In 15.07 GIEs had issues accessing static resources rendering them
unavailable without special apache/nginx routes or symlinks
(https://github.com/galaxyproject/galaxy/pull/500), they also naively
bound ports rather than using `docker -P` properly
(https://github.com/galaxyproject/galaxy/pull/790) and it was
unpleasant/complex to have your Galaxy user `sudo` or `sg` to run docker
(https://github.com/galaxyproject/galaxy/pull/777)

> Cheers to Texas,
>
> Sebastian

Grüße nach München,