Björn Grüning wrote:

Am 13.10.2015 um 13:41 schrieb Sebastian Schaaf:
Hey Eric,

We are not yet on IEs,
No, no, no. How can this happen? ;)
I interpret ";)" as "Indeed I remember all the issues you poor guys are faced with" ;)

but we plan to upgrade our local production
instance soon (a recent version is already 'waiting' to take over),
apart from other goodies we intended to allow one pro user and ourselves
to use iPython's power this way.
So, do I read your message correctly as 'In terms of iPython it would be
best for us to wait for v15.10'? Or could we just start and do an
incremental upgrade as soon as v15.10 is released?
15.10 is not needed for IPython. It's running since 15.05 as I remember
correctly. But we improved it a bit and you should take care that you
use the correct Docker Image for IPython. But it should work out of the
box. If not, let us know :)

Cheers,
Bjoern
We'll have an eye on this, thanks for the hint. And yes: We know how to precisely annoy you and/or Eric ;).

As it somehow picks up Eric's initial question: is your impression the same as mine (because of no further replies to the post) that still very few people use in fact the great opportunities of IEs in "non-main" Galaxy instances?

Cheers,
Sebastian

Cheers to Texas,

Sebastian

Eric Rasche schrieb:
Howdy y'all,

I'm building some changes to the IE infrastructure that will fix some
initial hacks we did, however they will be backwards incompatible.
Specifically these changes will fix some of the enterprise deployment
pains (running with an external upstream proxy like apache) and allow
for safely running IEs on a separate host.

I'm emailing the dev list to see if anyone else has started building
IEs, or if it just Björn and myself. Feel free to make yourselves known
to us so we know who to contact when we're planning new features :)

If you're just building on top of our existing containers, this won't be
an issue for you, you'll just need to rebuild your containers once we
release 15.10 versions.

Cheers,
Eric

--