On 10/15/2015 04:02 AM, Björn Grüning wrote:

>>> No, no, no. How can this happen? ;)
>> I interpret ";)" as "Indeed I remember all the issues you poor guys are
>> faced with" ;)

>>> 15.10 is not needed for IPython. It's running since 15.05 as I remember
>>> correctly. But we improved it a bit and you should take care that you
>>> use the correct Docker Image for IPython. But it should work out of the
>>> box. If not, let us know :)
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Bjoern
>> We'll have an eye on this, thanks for the hint. And yes: We know how to
>> precisely annoy you and/or Eric ;).
>>
>> As it somehow picks up Eric's initial question: is your impression the
>> same as mine (because of no further replies to the post) that still very
>> few people use in fact the great opportunities of IEs in "non-main"
>> Galaxy instances?
>
> I have no clue how often this is used. We have 598 pulls on Docker Hub
> and I know a few building there own IPython Image. It's also integrated
> in Cloudman as far as I know.
>
> Would love to have some stats and impressions from users!

If people wouldn't be opposed to it, we could be something as simple as
an admin-enabled, opt-in tracking pixel just to track/report notebook usage?

Or maybe a "+1/-1" button at the top for "It was useful/it wasn't
useful" but maybe that's getting way far ahead of the state of GIEs
given how many issues I've seen people have deploy GIEs.

--
Eric Rasche
Programmer II

Center for Phage Technology