Hi Peter,

On Thu, Feb 18, 2016 at 4:13 PM, Peter van Heusden <p...@sanbi.ac.za> wrote:
> Hi Ray
>
> Data Managers are designed to co-exist with manually editing the .loc files.
> So don't worry, edit away.

Thank you for the clarification!  That made me feel better and I
pressed ahead and just got it working.

When I first read that Data Managers involved tables, I had this
sudden fear that it meant the Postgres database and a mistake will
somehow break it.  I guess the tables refer to the various .loc text
files?

Perhaps when I have the luxury of time, I can try to figure out why
the Data Managers weren't working out for me (and also why
transferring data from UCSC can take hours or more from our Galaxy
instance's network).  For now, I'll stick with what works so that the
users are happy...  :-)

Thank you for your help!

Ray