Thanks Peter, that was the hint I was needing. It looks like the solution for
my LSF cluster was to use drmaa://-n 8/ in the universe_wsgi.ini and now I can
see BLAST using 8 cores. It doesn’t scale perfectly so going higher isn't
sensible but turnaround time for my test job has improved markedly.

Shane

Dr. Shane Sturrock
NZGL BioIT Admin
n...@biomatters.com