Dear galaxy-dev list,

I'm currently trying to introduce myself to the galaxy server, i.e., learning how to use and administer a galaxy server.

I have installed galaxy following this excellent tutorial:

https://github.com/martenson/dagobah-training

Then I tried the tool "FASTQ Quality Trimmer by sliding window" which is mentioned in NGS101-6 tutorial. I installed the tool from tool shed, but I get a python error (the Admin panel shows that all dependencies are installed):

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/berntm/shed_tools/toolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/repos/devteam/fastq_trimmer_by_quality/25c24379693a/fastq_trimmer_by_quality/fastq_trimmer_by_quality.py", line 3, in <module>
    from galaxy_utils.sequence.fastq import fastqReader, fastqWriter
File "/home/berntm/galaxy/lib/galaxy_utils/sequence/fastq.py", line 7, in <module>
    from six import Iterator, string_types
ImportError: No module named six

Do you have an idea what could be wrong? I guess that this is to little information, but I did not know which kind of additional information would be helpful.

Another question: At my institution quite a lot of NGS projects are carried out. After a project is finished all methods and data are stored to a long term read only tape archive. For the future the idea is to use galaxy. Which options are there to implement such a project life cycle with galaxy?

A last general question: would it be better to send a separate mail to the list when I have multiple questions?

Best regards,
Matthias Bernt