Hi Martin,

First of all: Since I have upgraded from 16.10 to 17.10 the problem disappeared :)

I did uncheck the checkbox for TS dependencies during the tool
installation. I was wondering that galaxy_sequence_utils is not shown as
installed in "Manage installed tools". It seems to make no difference if
I install it manually or not.

I recommend leaving the box checked so Galaxy will use Conda to install
the dependency.

OK.

Is the tool still missing imports after you install it this way?

No, its shown in the list of installed tools in version 1 of the tool. Version 2 seems to solely rely on conda.

Currently 'Managed installed repositories' does _not_ show
Conda-installed dependencies - the UI is lacking behind the system's
capabilities - our apologies.

Thanks a lot for the explanations.

Cheers,
Matthias