Hi Matthias,

to your life cycle question, do you have more information about your
filesystem(s) and what you have specifically in mind? Everything is
possible I guess, from a hack to a advanced solution like iRODS.

My feeling is that this should be implemented on the FS level and not on
the Galaxy level.

Ciao,
Bjoern