I was thinking of something different. Here is a example of a three-exon transcript, in gtf format:

contig00035 Cufflinks transcript 3 22 1000 + . gene_id "CUFF.23955"; transcript_id "CUFF.23955.1"; contig00035 Cufflinks exon 3 10 1000 + . gene_id "CUFF.23955"; transcript_id "CUFF.23955.1"; exon_number "1"; contig00035 Cufflinks exon 13 18 1000 + . gene_id "CUFF.23955"; transcript_id "CUFF.23955.1"; exon_number "2";
contig00035     Cufflinks       exon    20      22      1000    +       .       gene_id
"CUFF.23955"; transcript_id "CUFF.23955.1"; exon_number "3";

and the genome sequence that the transcript comes from is:

contig00035
GTAGCGTCTCCGACGCGGATATGACCGCACGCTGATGCTCCCAGGGATGAGAGGCGTGCG

I want the sequence for this transcript: I want to extract from the genome sequence the subsequences for positions 3-10, 13-18, and 20-22, and then concatenate the three subsequences to create the transcript sequence.

In this case, it would be AGCGTCTC + ACGCGG + TAT, meaning the transcript sequence would be AGCGTCTCACGCGGTAT.

Is it possible to do this in Galaxy?

Karen :)