Hello Austin,

You have the correct method to do this all in Galaxy. Use the tool "NGS: QC and manipulation -> Tabular to FASTQ converter" to do the final step.

Hopefully this helps,

On 11/8/11 1:57 PM, Austin Paul wrote:
Hi,

I am curious if anyone knows how to select random lines from a fastq
file.  There is a select random lines tool in text manipulation tools,
but it does not treat fastq files specifically, so it will not group
quality lines with sequence lines.  And if I turn the fastq file to
tabular form in order to select lines, I can no longer return it to
fastq form.  Anyone know a way to do this in galaxy?  Otherwise, perhaps
another program?  Thanks.

Austin

http://galaxyproject.org/wiki/Support