Hi,

I am curious if anyone knows how to select random lines from a fastq file.
There is a select random lines tool in text manipulation tools, but it does
not treat fastq files specifically, so it will not group quality lines with
sequence lines.  And if I turn the fastq file to tabular form in order to
select lines, I can no longer return it to fastq form.  Anyone know a way
to do this in galaxy?  Otherwise, perhaps another program?  Thanks.

Austin