Hi Brad,

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 9:22 PM, Brad Chapman <chapm...@50mail.com> wrote:

> Greg;
>
>> I'm almost positive I originally started the instance via
>> BioCloudCentral, and I always use Large.  I've been exclusively using
>> BioCloudCentral for a few weeks now.
>>
>> I hadn't noticed this issue until yesterday.  I can definitely do
>> whatever you need if you want to dig into the issue more.
>
> Ah, so it was working okay for restarting clusters until recently? Do
> you know what the previous availability zone was, and what it is
> starting up now?

I didn't look at the availability zones.  I think I'm normally in US
east?  I'll pay attention to that from now on.

>> By the way, one weird thing I also noticed yesterday (maybe not
>> related) is that my "security groups" screen is empty on the Amazon
>> EC2 console even though my running instance says "Security Groups:
>> CloudMan".  So I guess the security group still exists but Amazon
>> doesn't want to show it to me?  (Just thought I'd mention that in case
>> it's related).
>
> So your security group is no longer present? This could definitely cause
> issues as well, although I don't believe it's related to the
> availability zone issue. I also don't know of any reason you wouldn't be
> able to see it in the console.
>
> If deleted, you'll need to restart/re-create it which should happen on a
> fresh start via BioCloudCentral.

It just doesn't show the security group, but when I start instances,
it does say it's using the cloudman security group.  I don't know how
CloudMan could be working if I truly don't have a security group,
right?  I'm assuming it's an issue with Amazon's interface.

-Greg