Thanks so much for the prompt reply. I don't mind using last years
GenBank, as long as I am getting accurate hits. I just have a couple
more questions to confirm I am safe using the Galaxy pipline for
this...
So if I continue to work within the the 1 year old database, can I
trust the output as accurate matches? Specifics about my project: I
have environmental samples that were sequenced for fungal ITS. I have
clustered these into OTUs, and chosen a representative sequence for
each. If I retrieve hits for this representative sequence file in my
sample, can I trust the hits as being the correct hits as of last
year? I'm just worried about what that one person said who thought
there was some column arrangement problems, because I'm finding that
I'm getting hits from different phylum for the same sequence using
default parameters in megablast...
Can I also assume, then, that I should NOT identify my representative
sequence file to updated GI numbers using another pipeline, and then
bring the file of GI numbers to Galaxy to fetch taxonomic assignments?
(which I would do because of the nice neat columns for each taxonomic
level Galaxy puts out)

Sarah