Hello Megan,

Are you still experiencing problems now? Galaxy may have been busy immediately following the resolution of the cluster problem, although your problem does appear to be unrelated.

It sounds like you are uploading file through a browser. A better choice would be to use FTP. This is required for datasets approaching or exceeding 2G in size.

Files that are < 2G, really any file over ~ 500MB, can also benefit from FTP upload. An FTP client tracks the progress of an upload and can resume an interrupted transfer. http://wiki.g2.bx.psu.edu/FTPUpload

Hopefully this helps,