Hi, Neal,
Thanks - that sounds interesting. Like I said, composite datatypes are
designed to manage collections of related files as a unit and this sounds
like a potential use case. There are lots of tools and lots of code that
can serve as examples but it's definitely not trivial because you will
almost certainly be subclassing the Html data class and writing methods to
manage those related files (ie extending the guts of Galaxy) and your tools
will all need to know how to deal with the managed structure when they get
one as an input.

You may need to find or build up a programmer with some relevant Galaxy
composite datatype experience. There is some documentation but it's not
extensive or transparent.

Good luck.