Tom,

I'm just going to stick my neck out and say it:
It drives me crazy that people seem to think devs' games should have so many
adaptations. "Why don't you make this an option?" "Maybe you should make it
so we can pick the music we want?" "How about we pick our favorite sound and
you let us use that one?"
Tom, man, it's your game. It's your canvas, your brush, and your paint. If
we're talking about usability here, take suggestions, but as far as artistic
integrity is concerned, go for the gold. If you like the original jump sound
you made, go for it. If you like the new music better, use it. If you think
the ladders should be made out of chocolate, and that they should have a
characteristic squish when you climb them (the Aztecs did discover
chocolate), by all means, flex your creative muscles.
Bottom line: you're an artist, and if you think it's good, that's what's
important.
Besides, Lara did make those grunting sounds when she jumped. We won't
discuss what she did if she happened to die. A certain, nasty, old-world
reference is coming to mind.

Ryan