Hi Damien,
Well, in my experience learning from a person doesn't work as well as
reading programming books and working through them on a purely beginner
to advance level of learning. Books can fill in so much more than any
one person. That includes college profs which only have an hour or so
each day to cover the high-points. It is the books themselves that hold
the goodies.