Hi Shaun,

Well, I don't know that it would take ages to do. Games like Troopanum
are actually pretty simple from the perspective of an experienced
programmer. I'd say six months tops for a game like that. So time
isn't really the issue. It is the issue of having to invest in new
sounds and music which people wouldn't want to do since they have the
games already.

So it seems to me the best thing to do is if I were to create a Space
Invaders clone it would have to be an original game. Since it needs
new sounds and music I would design it with its own game story,
challenges, and could market it as Alien Invasion or whatever I called
it.