Hi Philip.

Sounds fun, here are my answers to your questions:

1: the only time I can see myself using cd ordering is if there was something you got on the cd that you didn't get with the downloadable version. One graphical indi game I ordered for instance had no music in the downloadable version, but music on cd in the cd version hence why I ordered that. If however the content were exactly the same, I'd choose download every time hands down. No physical disks to keep, easy to backup, I get it immediately etc. All things being equal, i don't really see the need for cd ordering myself.

2: size of the download file doesn't matter a bit to me. I've just upgraded to a bdsl fiberoptic connection at my flat, so I have uba fast speed there anyway, but even in other places I never mind waiting, heck I recently downloaded one of the darker projects free audio dramas on a free 56 kbps connection I was forced to use. It was about 300 mb and took two hours, but I just let it run.

3: I personally like reading manuals before I play the game, or alternately flicking out of the game to check stuff in the manual (supernova can be flicked on and off), therefore I tend to prefer text copies of manuals, particularly since often in game manuals don't have the same review commands as a screen reader if say I wanted to view a table of information slowly line by line, or read the hole thing start to finish, or check a specific fact by hitting ctrl f and finding a word. In game tutorials that play at specific points, or help messages for set aspects of the game can be useful as an on the spot guide, but for an entire manual, especially in a complex game, I do like a text copy to brouse as I want.

4: I tend to like earning unlockables in game since it gives me something to try for, I would not however be beyond paying for some special extra premium content to change the game if it were available to buy, indeed I've done this in brouser games, this is the reason I bought the addon for smugglers 3 which added the side quests, extra ship content etc, and if a similar addon came out for smugglers 5 I'd pay for it too.

Indeed, I always think this is a nice way for a dev to get more out of their game by selling extra content, such as extra levels, situations or characters for an existing one at a reduced price, and for players to get more to play out of a single game if they wish.

If however content were also unlockable, odds ae I'd prefer to unlock it myself, ---- or at the least try to since that gives me a challenge in the game.

I personally for example loved getting the Q9 cheat codes for completing the game and likely would only have considdered buying them if there was absolutely no other way to get them.

Beware the Grue!

dark.