Fighting games actually are very current. There are tons of them being made, especially in Asia. I'm not entirely sure what you mean though.. are you talking about current as in popular, what people are playing at the time? Because that changes depending on what the new fad is... seems like most of what you're refering to are shooters as those are the examples you've given. I wasn't trying to criticize, I know you are just curious... most people are. lol And racing games, depending on which game you're talking about, can be playable to a degree. I can't think of any off the top of my head. Fighting games are where i spend most of my time.. especially with the inclusion of online features. And fighting games are actually quite popular and out in the open now... there are a lot of fighting game tournaments and they are probably one of the few genres that allows for competition. And now that internet streaming of tournaments is so common, fighting games are getting more and more noticed. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike Wassel" <blindndanger...@aim.com>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Monday, June 24, 2013 8:11 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] games playable on consoles [was]Re: what will ittake for this community to learn?

Yes sports games are possible. But answer me this: How do you play racing games? How do you know where to turn or if you're going the wrong way? Rockband I understand, it's a great game and I like playing it. I guess my point is that we can't play more of the current things if that makes sense. Like COD or Resident Evil. That's why I like playing games like Final Fantasy X, Kingdom Hearts and Mass Effect (to a degree). I guess you could play third person shooters if you do what I do and use a lock-on system or use sound cues which is how I play them, ut FPS's are, I think, out completely. I'm not trying to make it sound like totals can't, I'm really just curious.
Mike.