Hi,
No-one's saying it's impossible, just that it's more impractical for those wishing to get money and use their time wisely. For those who don't mind not making as much money, or making less money per amount of time put in, sure, they can make great games. But did it take them more effort than on iOS? Probably.
Hth,
-Michael, Speed of Sound Gaming.