Hi Dark,
Yes, speed of development is a major issue for all involved here. It is
a problem for me as I just want the games done in a timely manner. Once
a game engine is written, no matter the language, the speed will come.
However, I already have some core game classes for Montezuma's Revenge
for handling say audio, math calculations, etc that are time tested and
can be dropped in to the next game to jump start it.
If I pick the C++ engine I am basically back to square 1 redesigning the
game core features and back to testing those for reliability and stability.
Not only that .NET is meant to be a rapid development system. You are
suppose to be able to quickly and rapidly build and deploy applications
since it is all object oriented and it makes integrating components from
other games in to new ones a snap.