in a way they have got rid of the manual keyboard with a virtual keyboard. You put this small box down and it puts a keyboard on any surface. your finger breaking the picture of the letter tells it what to send. Microsoft has had this xp came out. and lets not forget the puffer system. That lets you huff and puff your way on a virtual keyboard shown on the screen for those that are paralyzed.