Hi Shaun,

I think you have missed my point. The word need isn't the operative
word here. Its a more a matter of change is inevitable weather you
want to or not. What you want or what you need is often times as
changing as the technology itself.

For example, right now all you want or need is a decent Windows 7
machine, with say 8 GB of RAM, and a quad core processor. Nothing
wrong with that given your current circumstances.
However, I foresee a day down the road where that computer dies,
perhaps the capacitors on the motherboard bite the dust, and then you
need to begin thinking about a replacement. Is it worth your money to
try and get the old machine fixed or simply replace the hardware and
software in one go?

My point being your needs will change, and while you don't have a need
right now I think as time goes on your needs will change and other
options may seem like good options at that time. I think basing your
plans of the future, on upgrading or not upgrading, based exclusively
on current circumstances is very short sighted. If there is one
constant in life is everything is always changing and the best person
to meet that change is someone who is willing to let go of the past
and move on.