I do a lot of math in my head...
Also, have you ever seen some of the things spell check just happily skips
right over?

From: "Charles Rivard" <wee1s...@fidnet.com>
Sent: Sunday, October 26, 2014 3:46 PM
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Subject: [Audyssey] is it really progress? - Re:  end of keyboards,was
Throwaway Tech

We have caller ID so that we know who is calling us, and we have answering
machines either built into the phone or as a service from our provider so
that we don't have to answer the phone.  We have spell checkers so that we
don't have to know how to spell.  Screen readers and audio books replace the
need for braille so we don't need to know how to read.  Possibly, in the
future, voice dictation and visual gestures may take the place of keyboards
so we won't need to know how to type.  With all of the skills that will be
lost due to not being needed, is this a good thing?  It's the dumbing down
of humanity, getting worse and worse.

Now, am I serious, or not??  To a degree, yes.  Oh, I almost forgot one
more:  Calculators make learning math unnecessary.  How many people do math
in their heads anymore, or even know how to make change at a supermarket?
What would they do if the cash register's power fails and they have to do
anything manually?

you! really! are! finished!