Hi Shaun,
It's that drawing text to an actual Window which causes the most hastle
for a programmer. You need a dialog box, textbox, or something to draw
to, and well that stuff gets complicated using Win32, GTK, QT, etc...
Fortunately, .NET has this stuff builtin to the core framework so drawing
Windows is very very simple.