Hi all, and happy new year!
I usually don't express my game ideas since i (still) don't know programming
but know how hard it is to do a game from scratch and to program at all.
However, this time I have to, because (1) we already have basic concepts for
the idea, and (2) because I have to tell it to someone who will fully
understand it!
The concept 1 would be like in castaways, where you have multiple persons to
control. The game would be a ship simulation game (a cargo ship, a tug, but
preferably a warship) that can have multiple missions (the basic concept 2 like
in lone wolf), and would function by assigning tasks to different crew
cattegories and single persons, or to officers that command the crew. For
example, there is a gun officer (or the gunners cattegory), the kitchen officer
(cooks part of the crew), fire controll, aviation, signaling officer (signalmen
cattegory), officers or crew dedicated to torpedos and various other types of
weapons such as machine guns, mines, depth charges, etc, men dedicated to
maintaining and survivability of the ship, to communication with the land or
other vestles, those that work with the corse, stability and other sailing
issues of the ship with the captain (the player's name) as the leader. Various
officers or cattegories would of course have different possibilities that cou
 ld update according to the task, to the accomplishment of other cattegories'
part of the mission, to the needs in a certain moment etc. Then of course the
online playing mode, where an individual would be a captain who controls a ship
and then the ships form an alliance or a battle groups, or fight amongst
themselves. Or, a player can be an officer (cooks, gunners etc) that has single
persons under controll and is able to assign tasks to them in order to
contribute to the hole system of the ship.
I know that it should be a project that has many requirements in terms of
research, programming, investing, server maintaining in case of the online
playing etc, but also I think that we have enough concepts to start with. And
if we have in mind that Jeremy assembled his first version of Castaways in only
a week, I think that in a few months or in a year one can make a stable version
of the game I suggest. And yes, I would be willing to pay for that game, 100
euros or even more. Also, I am sure that the game enthusiasts such as Tom and
Dark would be glad to contribute.
So that's it. If in some near or far future I learn how to program, I may start
something like this. But I don't plan to start learning this year, and all of
my tries to learn programming have failed till now. So I ask developers to
think about this, and I am sure that it can be even prophitable as there are
some of us who would be ready to pay enough for that, either because we have
passion for games, or because we have passion for ships.
Best regards!
          Milos Przic
Twitter: MilosPrzic
Skype: Milosh-hs