Hi Thomas,
that's ok.
It is no problem that you don't know all the technical details of this.
I was just wondering why there is that huge difference between Flash content in a web browser and as a stand alone application. It sounds a bit strange that web content would be made accessible by design but not the separate applications. I mean, initial Flash support in JAWS for example goes way back to around JAWS 5 or 4. And since then many things were changed but never was there the support for the other Flash Player. And during that time it was more the job of the screen reader developer to provide support for the most often used applications, like it was done for Microsoft Office for example. Thus from the point of view from the end user it looked as if the screen reader developers would not want to include support for such technology even if it was not their own fault. And as I said, even if providing accessibility is more in the hand of the application developers today, at that time it probably wasn't. And that's why it was for the user at least a strange thing that sighted workers had to deal with such things or Silverlight web applications but the blind or visually impaired workers could not do so without assistance because screen readers could not work with such upcoming technology which was in use around the world.