Yes Dennis, Unity is primarily a graphical development engine, and yes,
 it's designed
for and used by game developers to make highly graphical, visual games.
You use always tools that are at first designed for graphic use: a word
processor, a chat client, a web browser,

etc.
Every kind of application isn’t blind friendly, you will always have to fit
to a graphic interface, and it doesn't

make sense to have application specifically for blinds, simply because you
share them with other people all

around the world.
But I understand you when you say you want your working tools to be dressed
upon your needs, and that

specialized tools are the correct thing to do, why should it be different?
Well… in this case it should: when you think to "Unity Accessible" you
think to what you lose, but if you accept

this “compromise” you can see that what you gain is higher than what you
lose.

I'm here also because I need your opinion, and to ask if what I've just
said can be valid or not. I don't know

indeed your specialized tools, and you don't know indeed Unity. I will show
my side.

Unreal Engine and CryEngine are strictly connected to high quality visual
experience, they have complex tools to

design massive terrain, vegetation, light effects, etc.
Unity isn’t like them, why the Unity Company should offer the same product
as the two colossus Unreal and

CryEngine? In fact it doesn’t.
When you at first open Unity, you won’t have any kind of complex tool for
character, terrain, AI, explosion,

collision, etc. In some case they are very basic, in other there aren’t at
all.
Basically it has a poor interface and tools, the minimum necessary:
-A window containing the list of all scene objects
-A window which shows properties of selected object
-A sort of Windows Explorer which shows all the files of your project in
your hard disk

But it lets you the ability to create or import the tools you need. This is
for me the first important point: the

flexibility. It is like a lego construction, you add or remove bricks
accordly with your need, you can create your

own tools, shortcut and interface if you want.
But, for now this is not so important for you.

Programming skills are absolutly required. This means job opportunities for
blind into a "sighted" pipeline. A

designer who opens Unity and say:"Ok, now I create fast and easy the best
game in the world and I gain a lot of money", will be soon disappointed. A
lot of time during a Unity Project is spent on a script editor. Due to his
flexibility (it doesn't force you to a specific tool) you have to create
your own assets and scripts, or you can buy it in the Asset Store.
This is a second important point: the need of one in a lot of cases is the
need of many. You can spend hours and hours to create something that
already has been done, and with few dollars you save a lot of time, then
nothing prevents you from custom it. Do not underestimate the power of a
community, it makes the entire workflow more fluid and leaner, even if you
are theorically able to do all by yourself. In general a more complex
project can be realized in less time and, consequently, less money.

Third point: multiplatform. But doesn't need to spend words for that.

Another important thing is 3D sound.
A lot of modern disciplines must say "thank you" to VideoGames, because
they increased hardware and software progress. Now the graphic experience
has reached a high level, and the interest is moving toward the other part
which has been left behind: Audio.
Consider technologies like Oculus Rift, it means VR (Virtual Reality), both
for video and audio too. The future implementation of HRTF (Head-related
transfer function) for binaural effect and ambisonic sound. 3D Audio Render
Engine are yet in development. You can design and project acoustics of
environment not only for games but also for architectural purpose.
Why a blind person (developer or designer) should be cut off from all this?

Unfortunatley I don't take money if more users use Unity, and times to make
it full accessible are very long for use it in a short period into a strong
pipeline. If I say these things is because I really believe that an
application like that could improve audiogames development and
distribution, and job opportunities for blinds.
I'm not a good talker, and the limitation of language doesn't help. The web
is full of useful information about more technical subjects. You can also
ask in the forum for more specific how-to.

At the end... Unity is just a tool for a purpose. If you feel you have
reached the goal with other tools, sounds good anyway.

I thank you very much for this comparison.
Good Job.

Daniele.