Hello again,

As some of you know, I've been toying with the idea of an audio adventure
creation tool (refer to mails about Blind Game Authoring Tool).  I have been
toying with Visual Basic Express and have found out how to use all the
methods that I need to get some functioning software.  To the end-user, who
wishes to make games, here is how I view the development process.

1)  User creates a text file for each room with basic commands and a
settings file to link all this together.  They can use a screen-reader and
notepad to do this, it shouldn't be too hard.  This text file will contain
information for rendering text for SAPI, and/or playing wave sound files (no
MP3s for now).
2)  They open up the program.  You select the settings file, and whoila!
Your game can be played and tested.
3)  Users can distribute games through their own website or a site that will
act as a place for hosting games made in Audio Adventure Creator.  They can
archive (ZIP, RAR, Installer) the text/wave files needed for the game.
Users download the file and extract its resources.  They find the setting
file and play the game.

This means that all games will be open source until and encryption feature
is applied (if that will even happen).  I feel this is good for two reasons:

A)  If a developer uploads their game, they can download it anywhere and
change it.  They won't have to worry about decompiling and such.
B)  It allows heavy modding.  This can allow users to expand games
indefinitley.
C)  Project sharing would be easy, and open source games could be created.

The text files also mean, that all the information could be edited in a Wiki
online and downloaded.  Online game creation, how cool would that be?  Well,
those are some of my plans.  Currently I have no idea when a beta would be
released.  If I do pursue this project though, and you would like to be a
beta tester, please drop me a private email at [EMAIL PROTECTED]  If
you have suggestions or comments that would be helpful for everyone to see,
please make sure to reply to the whole group.  Thank you.

Cheers,

gamehawk