Hi Trouble,

I hate to disagree with you but I still use dos and run dos applications all
the time.  Even write and run dos batch files such as

@echo off
cd\program files\microsoft visual studio\vb98

or

@echo off
copy baseball.vbp c:\jim\basicbak\*.* /v
copy baseball.vbw c:\jim\basicbak\*.* /v
copy baseball.frm c:\jim\basicbak\*.* /v
beeper.exe

You know so I on the desk top type c and enter so now I am at the command
prompt and type gobas and then copyball and I have totally made back up copies
of my baseball VB6 source code.

Another little batch file that I like is

@echo off
dir /-n /od
beeper.exe

It just shows me the last file that I worked on in any given folder.  So that
after I respond to your message my Email archive folder at the bottom looks like

TROUBLE1 TXT             48,061 09/23/2007  02:57 AM
            3510 File(s)    155,766,596 bytes
               2 Dir(s)  20,717,748,224 bytes free

But anyway I have written lots of batch files like that for use on my Windows
XP computers and as I said still run dos applications as well.

BFN