Hi Jason,
Well, I  feel I need to charge for extra licenses for the fact some
disreputable gamer might sign up for an extra key and then give it away
to another gamer who did not pay for the game. Believe it or not this is
not always that uncommon. Any security system unfortunately has its
flaws, and this is just one means by which the dishonest attempt to
pirate games.
By charging for those extra keys it doesn't prevent a dishonest gamer
doing the same thing, but it does force them to actually pay something
for that additional key. So if the do pirate the game it is not a 100%
loss to me and USA Games.