Hi Che,
Actually, this is exactly what I had planned to do for Tomb Raider. I
was planning on releasing/selling the game under a generic title called
Tomb Hunter, siting it is a Tomb Raider-like game, but then later
release an anonymous sound pack with music and Tomb Raider effects which
updates the game to Tomb Raider. I legally don't market it as Tomb
Raider, don't use Lara Croft directly, but will have the option
available to make it into Tomb Raider if desired.