Hi brian.

quite ironically, after your post I went to the control pannel to alter the 
sapi sinse I'm currently on my laptop and hadn't done it yet (though my 
desktop has always been fine with it). I actually ran into the same trouble 
you describe, so am also interested in the answer.

Beware the Grue!

Dark.
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Fun Times" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <[email protected]>
Sent: Monday, February 25, 2008 3:22 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Changing Sappy voice for playing games


> Hi Dark,
> I tried your idea, but that didn't work. Right now I'm stuck using 
> Microsoft
> Sam as my default voice, but only because I can't change it. I have 18
> different voices on my computer , all better than Sam, any way Thanks for
> the try
> Brian
>
> ----- Original Message ----- 
> From: "dark" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: "Gamers Discussion list" <[email protected]>
> Sent: Sunday, February 24, 2008 10:54 AM
> Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Changing Sappy voice for playing games
>
>
> Greetings brian.
>
> I'm afraid I have no idea why you might be getting runtime errors with
> speech, but on jim kitchin's site http://www.kitchensinc.net/ there is a
> program to fix errors with Sapi, which it might be worth trying.
> you can also download the installer for the Mike and mary sapi voices, 
> which
> are both better than the default microsoft sam which your probably using 
> now
> in the spoonbill games.
>
> Hth.
>
> beware the Grue!
>
> Dark.
>
> ----- Original Message ----- 
> From: "Fun Times" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: "Gamers Discussion list" <[email protected]>
> Sent: Sunday, February 24, 2008 4:27 PM
> Subject: [Audyssey] Changing Sappy voice for playing games
>
>
>> Hi friends,
>> When playing Ian Humphrey's games I don't like the voice the games are 
>> now
>> using, so I'm trying to change the default sappy voice, but when I go to
>> control
>> panel, speech I there get a run time error. Can someone help me in
>> changing the voice that is used to play Ian's games. I'm using Windows XP
>> Pro and have two sound cards installed. Any help
>> would be greatly appreciated.
>> Brian
>> ---
>> Gamers mailing list __ [email protected]
>> If you want to leave the list, send E-mail to
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>> You can make changes or update your subscription via the web, at
>> http://audyssey.org/mailman/listinfo/gamers_audyssey.org.
>> All messages are archived and can be searched and read at
>> http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>> If you have any questions or concerns regarding the management of the
>> list,
>> please send E-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>
>
>
>
> ---
> Gamers mailing list __ [email protected]
> If you want to leave the list, send E-mail to
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> You can make changes or update your subscription via the web, at
> http://audyssey.org/mailman/listinfo/gamers_audyssey.org.
> All messages are archived and can be searched and read at
> http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> If you have any questions or concerns regarding the management of the 
> list,
> please send E-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>
>
> ---
> Gamers mailing list __ [email protected]
> If you want to leave the list, send E-mail to 
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> You can make changes or update your subscription via the web, at
> http://audyssey.org/mailman/listinfo/gamers_audyssey.org.
> All messages are archived and can be searched and read at
> http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> If you have any questions or concerns regarding the management of the 
> list,
> please send E-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> 



---
Gamers mailing list __ [email protected]
If you want to leave the list, send E-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
You can make changes or update your subscription via the web, at
http://audyssey.org/mailman/listinfo/gamers_audyssey.org.
All messages are archived and can be searched and read at
http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the management of the list,
please send E-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to