Hi.
People will like Thomas's 3d version of mota. Not everyone, but by the
sounds of all the things that can be done with it those who aren't
discontent and maybe even those, will likely find the game a good one. You
won't get or shouldn't be able to get Thomas to write a game he doesn't have
the urge to write, it's, as he described, like being punished by doing
something rediculous, 500 spelling words. Think about it this way. What
would you do in Thomas's position? Whether you want or don't want something
isn't something you can change, now imagine you spent the last year and a
half developing a game that you took off the hands of another developer. At
that time, the game wasn't close to publishable. You worked your butt off,
you figured out all the code that developer who originally developed the
game used, that's not an easy feat by the way, especially because the
original developer didn't use very good commenting. This means Thomas had to
figure out what the developer of the original uncomplete game meant by
calling this procedure in his code, and then he had to figure out what that
procedure was before he could make use of it when he continued development,
etc. This could be understood to cause many headaches and small progress for
hard work. In spite of all this, he prevailed, he up and had a game in beta
for the public, a game which me and you downloaded and enjoyed demonstration
versions of, he put a game on our computers that we, excluding me, paid for
to a different developer. Thomas took that game you paid for and finished it
for you, almost. But, suddenly, someone else comes in and asks Thomas
questions about his game, stating it had certain similarities to their own
game which they had developed and stopped developing a few years ago.
Someone whom had him change his game so it wasn't similar to their own,
undoing all of that work he went through to get off the ground with This
James NOrth's uncommented code structure in the first place, undoing the
progress Thomas made for you in the first place. Now he's got to be sick of
it. By now he should be making appreciatable progress on the game,
appreciatable to himself anyway, however, that progress was stopped and set
back by another developer who didn't want him copying their stuff. Now it
can be said that Thomas can be understood to have put many hours, probably
more hours than I would ever spend on anything, let alone a game that some
other developer didn't bother to comment, for nothing, nothing. That
developer who had Thomas redo the game undid it and made all that time
Thomas put into the game worthless, except for one thing. Thomas is bound to
have learned lots of valuable things about coding during the time he worked
on Monti that he can now use in future projects for enhancements. However,
being set back on a project like that wouldn't make one feel any better
about getting it completed, hopes dashed for the developer too.
Think about it, those of you discontent with Thomas's decision to drop the
project and turn to something different, he's doing what he should do, he's
done waisting time and energy, even if from now on he could make progress
because he's out of that little problem of the game just nicking another
game in similarity enough so that that game's developer questions him on it,
he's burnt out, there's the words, burnt out, on volunteer work too. Have
some simpathy, play monti beta and super liam and mario brothers and, if you
feel that getting a 3d version of what you payed for instead of the 2d you
were intending to buy, remember that you bought that from another developer
who cashed his chips and quit, you're still getting a curtacy, still getting
something fr your money even though that developer you baught the game from
quit. If you get Thomas to work doing something he's not wanting to do any
more, you're causing his life to be less than it should. You are aloud to
quit your job any time you want, at least if you want to face the
consequences, no pay.

Have some simpathy for this situation and, if you feel you really are out
some money, put up with it, you could have been out that money when James
North quit, so you'll not be out anything now, except you can still play
Monti beta that Thomas did manage to put out, if you find a copy of it
somewhere. Those of you who did purchasing after James North quit and handed
Monti over to Thomas, you still get Monti beta, if you can find a copy of it
somewhere, and, on top of that, you still get something different than what
you paid for but still worth it, in general if you at least don't feel it's
worth it to you.

We're all humans and humans live lives, and the smart humans live lives the
way the want to, I know I do.

Have some mercy and let this particular hitch slide, you'll still get a game
for your money, and, on top of that, the developer of this particular game
will be living the kind of life they want to live during the development.

TToo many self sentered people in the world, I know I'm one. However, I
wouldn't be disappointed if Thomas did this after I'd paid for Monti, for
two reasons, 1. I'd also be content playing the 3d version of mota, 2. I'd
see this situation from Thomas's point of view as soon as I heard that He
had been forced to undo a large portion of the development he had just been
about to be able to stand up and stretch and say he had completed, except,
you never complete a programming project.

Now I can't say anyone's self sentered in this situation, because they did
pay money for what they wanted, but I can still feel that way.

Do your good deed for the year, or all of your life, what ever in letting
this particular project go in it's new direction. Someone sometime in the
future will come up with another good side scroller, who knows, it might be
me, or it might not. As for games mirroring those available to sighted
people? I never did cair about that, as long as I had some good games to
play, and I do have some good games to play.