From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Thomas Ward
Sent: 18 May 2008 21:25
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] space invaders versus star trek strategy game

Hi Nicol,
Sorry, but I have to disagree with you. The blind gaming community has
way too many Space Invader type games already. There is: Judgment Day,
Troopenum, Dark Destroyer, Chopper Patrol, Enemy Attack, Aliens In the
Outback, etc. I am so sick and tired of those type of games it was one
of the main reasons I began writing my own games. It is high time we as
a blind community begin branching out and developing more roll playing
games, first person shooters, strategy games, flight simulators, etc.
We need to break out of the classic Atari games mold and design
something more current.
Anyway, in regards to STFC I'm going to probably make two different Trek

games. One is going to be more of a Lonewolf type game and the other is
going to be the big fleet turn based game. If you don't like either one
don't play them. I have absolutely no desire to make just another
run-of-the-mill Space Invader clone.
Cheers.

nicol wrote:
> Hello thom
> A suggestion from my side for your new release of stfc version 2. Why
> not make a space invaders game instead of a lone wolf style of game?
> The freebee community can do with another space invaders game, as dark

> destroyer is next to impossible to beat Then your mission is to move
> your ship through the universe and kill the borgs, cling ons, romulons

> and the doomsday machine just like you would shoot down a ship in
> trupenam and dark destroyer. It would be sooo cool if I can shoot down

> the doomsday machine in a space in vader style of game.]
> Lets say the universe is a 100 by 100 galaxy, so you then use all 4
arrows
> to move your ship.
> You can then determine which ship its best to destroy first.
> Lets say all ships don't have cloaking  devices, then you move your
ship and
> you check your coordinates with a keystroke everytime you  encounter a
ship
> and if you then see that the ship   have a cloaking device, you
memorize
> that ship's coordinates and then you move on until you find a ship
with no
> cloaking device.
> So in that way we still have  a bit of strategy element in the game
but a
> space invaders style of stfc will be more understandable than a lone
wolf
> kind of game.

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] You can make changes or update your
> subscription via the web, at
list,

[EMAIL PROTECTED] You can make changes or update your
subscription via the web, at
list, please send E-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Checked by AVG.
18/05/2008 09:31

Checked by AVG.
18/05/2008 09:31