Hi Bryan,
Yeah, I know the feeling. I just played the Dragon Layer aventure and
the dust dragon just about roasted Catherine on the spot. Its first roll
hit Catherine with a 60 point damage and nearly killed her with the
first blow. After that I ran managing to get out of the dragon layer
just barely clinging to life.