Hi,
Wow! That is simply draconian anti-piracy measures. Besides being very
expensive some users like myself would simply not pay for games that
used that  method of anti-piracy. As John mentioned the other day he
doesn't like the Jaws dongle for the fact it can be easily lost. In my
own case I am currently sitting in a living room with three tottlers
ages 2 to 4 years old. Anyone of them could pick up said thumb drive
with said game on it and give it an unexpected swim in the toilet or
place it somewhere else were it will never be found again. Believe me I
have discovered many things that have suddenly grown a couple of tottler
legs and mysteriously walked off somewhere. Grin.
Anyway, the point is what happens if that thumb drive with the game on
it gets lost, damaged, or needs replacing for some reason or another.
The cost of the hardware and shipping alone requires more than the game
might be worth to replace it. Especially, if it needs to be shipped
internationally.