well it could have failed actually.
The first thing was the defence ships for cardacia just happened to be there.
I don't usually go after those for a start.
Secondly luck was on my side that another ship was in range, the ships were
thinly spread out.
3.  They got lucky and unlucky with hits, a romulan usually can destroy
anything whatever it is, klingons can do this to if they gabng up so can the
rest but if you are hit  by a romulan you are esentually dead.
I may rerun the game again and see what I come up with.

please send E-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]