De: "alex wallis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Para: <gamers@audyssey.org>
Data: Domingo, 5 de Outubro de 2008 04:53
Assunto: Re: [Audyssey] ship combat in smugglers 4

hi.
i have activated compatibility mode.
as there is that anoying thing at the top of the screen that says compatibility
mode for visually impaired players and then something about turning it off.
i can now find the guns option consistently when using the jaws cursor, however
i am having serious problems trying to click other options in the combat screen
such as the one that lets you activate things that aren't directly firing
weapons i forget
what its called as its like 4 in the morning here, as other options just get in
the way.
my problem is focusing the damb options because i frequently find for example
that bits of some options are on lines with ones that i want to click, and i
just can't focus on them.
i am really thinking of asking for my money back unless i can get in touch with
neils bower to talk to him about my problems, or unless someone else has a
solution to my problems.
my personal oppinion is that its great he's trying to build in accessibility,
but the smugglers interface was not designed with blind people in mind, as a
result massive use of the jaws cursor makes navigating around options a lot
harder than it reall
y should be. i think if he wants to build in accessibility maybe we should all
politely try to get him to join this list, and then enter into a discussion
with him about designing a completely new interface for blind players that
would take advantage
of using the pc cursor, list boxes and conventional menus.
the other thing that also really anoys me with the combat system is having to
click continue after every damb thing like firing a gun or missile there is
just no need for it.
please send E-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

--
Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.