To: <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Sunday, October 05, 2008 4:53 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] ship combat in smugglers 4

hi.
i have activated compatibility mode.
as there is that anoying thing at the top of the screen that says compatibility mode for visually impaired players and then something about turning it off. i can now find the guns option consistently when using the jaws cursor, however i am having serious problems trying to click other options in the combat screen such as the one that lets you activate things that aren't directly firing weapons i forget what its called as its like 4 in the morning here, as other options just get in the way. my problem is focusing the damb options because i frequently find for example that bits of some options are on lines with ones that i want to click, and i just can't focus on them. i am really thinking of asking for my money back unless i can get in touch with neils bower to talk to him about my problems, or unless someone else has a solution to my problems. my personal oppinion is that its great he's trying to build in accessibility, but the smugglers interface was not designed with blind people in mind, as a result massive use of the jaws cursor makes navigating around options a lot harder than it really should be. i think if he wants to build in accessibility maybe we should all politely try to get him to join this list, and then enter into a discussion with him about designing a completely new interface for blind players that would take advantage of using the pc cursor, list boxes and conventional menus. the other thing that also really anoys me with the combat system is having to click continue after every damb thing like firing a gun or missile there is just no need for it.

please send E-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]