Hi,
Well it's Object Oriented. IDK what else to say about it. I am not
sure what you mean my what is 'required'. You need a server and a core
database. I find it pretty easy, but if you want to start learning
MOO, or looking at some examples here are some useful links:
www.moo-cows.com
http://lingo.uib.no/moo/
http://www.fringenet.net/MOO/
-Ryan