According to the rules of chess, when you set up the initial position, your queen is on it's own colored square. In other words, the white queen is on a white square and the black queen is on a black square. As the lower right-hand corner of the board is a white square for white, and the squares are lettered A through H from left to right and from 1 through 8 from bottom to top, this puts the white queen on square D1 and the black queen on D8. This is where color matters. HTH

---
Pretty is as pretty does.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim Kitchen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Ron Schamerhorn" <Gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Monday, November 03, 2008 2:40 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] A spacific chess question

Hi Ron,

To tell you the truth, I forget if my board is white or black raised and which pieces are black or white. One board has the trays on the side for captured pieces the other does not. So that board can be turned 90 degrees. But so any way I also always use the pin head pieces for my opponent. So I do not see that it makes any difference which is black and which is white. Either with the squares or pieces. Just so that you set the pieces up correctly to start and never move any of them illegally.

HTH

BFN

    Jim

The roundest knight at King Arthur's round table was Sir Cumference.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.kitchensinc.net
(440) 286-6920
Chardon Ohio USA