From: "Charles Rivard" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Monday, November 03, 2008 2:58 PM
Subject: [Audyssey] qhere the queens are - Re: A spacific chess question

According to the rules of chess, when you set up the initial position, your
queen is on it's own colored square.  In other words, the white queen is on
a white square and the black queen is on a black square.  As the lower
right-hand corner of the board is a white square for white, and the squares
are lettered A through H from left to right and from 1 through 8 from bottom
to top, this puts the white queen on square D1 and the black queen  on D8.
This is where color matters.  HTH

---
Pretty is as pretty does.