Okay, all my manipulations with the window seem to have worked.

the good news is changing the window size to 800 x 600 manually in the
properties tab of the Eamon window (you have to right click the top of the
window to get it), does create a big enough window to view all on screen text.

the bad news is, whenever I attempt to run anything in the game involving
characters, ie, choosing a character, editing a character, ---- I get a weerd
program screen with lots of code on it and something about debugging!

I've tried putting the window and fonts and stuff back, ---- but no joy, and in
fact if I remember rightly this is why i stopped mucking about with Eamon the
other day!

obn the one hand, i'm just about to give up with this, ---- on the other if I
can get this bloody thing to work, i might have cracked the text issue!

grrrrrrrr!!!!

Beware the Grue!

please send E-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]