X box is much simpler.
Much much much simpler.  Will post more when I get the 360

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Yohandy
Sent: Sunday, November 16, 2008 9:42 PM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: [Audyssey] my Mortal kombat VS DC universe impression

Hey guys,
I got MK VS DC universe this morning, and here's what I think of it.
For those that have only played the newest mk titles, such as mk armageddon,
you'll find the game plays totally different. First thing to note is there
are no fighting styles. you have a single style just like in the older mk
games. The up and down arrows will jump and crouch respectively. However you
can still move in 3d by using the left analog stick, or by holding L2 while
using up and down on the dPad. Not sure if it's just me, but moving in 3d
feels kinda sluggish in this one. you can't dodge projectiles as easily as
you did in MKA or deception. There are also a variety of new modes to get
used to. First one is klose kombat, and this is basically a close quarters
fighting type thing. The camera pans in, and you beat your opponents in very
brutal ways up close. it's sorta of a guessing game, as you need to guess
which button your opponent will press to counter his/her moves. Next mode is
freefall kombat, and this is activated when you fall off an arena. it's
basically almost identical to klose kombat. only difference is you need to
fill up a meter which will allow you to activate character specific attacks
that will slam the opponent back to the ground. Last mode is rage, and
that's pretty self explanatory. when your rage meter fills up, you can
activate it by pressing R 2 plus L2. it'll deactivate your hit reaction
animations which will allow you to knock your opponent around for
approximately 6 seconds.
Next thing I'd like to discuss are the sounds. MK VS DC has some amazing
sounds. The punches and special moves sound a lot more realistic. however,
this too takes some getting used to as they are completely different from
older mk titles.
The story mode is completely accessible. they're just regular fights
intertwined with cutscenes. I've completed the DC side of story mode, and am
now working on MK.
There is also a combo challenge mode, which will allow you to master combos
obviously, plus some regular and pro moves. You won't be able to play this
without sighted assistance at this time for obvious reasons. perhaps
gamefaqs will have a walkthrough of it soon. I must say that it is extremely
difficult to pull off these moves guys. training mode in previous mk games
was a piece of cake compared to these. There's extreme timing involved.
a very disappointing aspect is online play, at least for me. The playing
itself is very solid, with no lag for the most part, but the lobby won't
allow you to voice chat. you basically just type messages back and forth
which we obviously can't do. Some reviews state that there's voice chat
support, but I haven't actually seen any. perhaps the opponents I fought
didn't have mics, who knows. It is also extremely hard to invite friends.
it's just basically huge rooms with lots of people on it that you can
challenge at any given time. keep in mind I'm discussing the ps3 version of
online play. xbox could be totally different. if anyone figures out a way to
make the online play a bit more blind friendly, then by all means, let me
know.
Think I've covered mostly everything. If you guys have any questions, feel
free to drop me an email.